Introduction to Node.js Talk

My good friend Chander Dhall, has asked me to fill in for him on Monday, January 14th, in front of the Meetup group, HTML5/Node.js Los Angeles. The title of the presentation is, Introduction to Node.js. I am really excited to do this talk, as you might guess by some of my posts, I am a huge JavaScript fan. It is my favorite language and the language of the web. Using Node allows me to code in my favorite language on both sides of my web apps. 

It can be difficult, to figure out how to Node via most of the standard Hello World websites floating around on the net. In this talk, I will show how to construct a basic, but useful website and add a backend REST service to it. I will also demonstrate my workflow. How I build and test on my local box, before and pushing out to my public server. I will also provide a list of my tools, which editor, unit test framework, and Git clients I use everyday.

So if you are in the area, please come to this talk. Information and directions are on the Meetup page at: http://www.meetup.com/nodela/events/91265402/. After the talks is done, I will make my source code and slides available. Hope to see you there.

Thanks again to all who attended. It was great meeting all of you. Here is the link to the source code on GitHub.


If you attended the talk, please rate it:

Popular Posts